The day has arrived. The plans have been made. You’ve arrived at your wedding day. Now what? Here are 10 things to do for your wedding morning to ensure relaxation and fun times for you and your bridesmaids.
- Book Convenient Accommodations – Stay somewhere with your girls the night before that you can get ready in the next day! It’s the perfect excuse for a slumber party, it makes the morning prep easier because you’re already altogether, and obviously makes for great getting ready photos.
- Music – Create a playlist that takes you down memory lane with your best friends. Plus, having a few jams in the background adds excitement to the day!
- It’s 5 o’clock somewhere – Ceremony isn’t until the evening? No worries, start celebrating in the morning with a mimosa bar of juices and champagne. Just be careful with the pre-game… it can turn ugly if you go too fast too early! Pace yourself.
- Lay out your details – Your photographer is going to want those detail shots of your gown, shoes and jewelry before you put them all on. These will be fun to reminisce through in years to come!
- Decide when to give any gifts – If you have any gifts for your bridesmaids, your mother, mother-in-law or flower girls, use extra time in the morning before your turn for hair and makeup to hand these out! Since your gals will all be getting ready themselves, this will be a great time to make your rounds of gift giving.
- Enjoy being pampered – It’s not every day you get all glammed up and gorgeous by your personal hair stylist and makeup artist so enjoy the experience!
- Eat something! – Even if you’re not hungry, eat something! The day goes by quickly and even the littlest snack will help your nerves… and will help to soak up some of the mimosa morning fun.
- Allow time for professional photos – Some of the best shots are those that you’ll take with your girlfriends while you’re getting ready. Make sure to carve out extra time with your photographer in the contracting phase to be sure you have time for these shots.
- Leave any last minute logistics to the day of coordinator/planner – Delegate to people you trust to help you remember all of the details. This is a time for you to enjoy, and turn off your planning mode.
- Plan 15 to 20 minutes to be alone – There is a lot to process on your wedding day. The moments will fly by in an instant. Take a few minutes before you walk down the aisle to yourself. Reflect on your relationship to this point. Imagine the excitement of seeing your groom at the end of the aisle. Take as many mental snapshots as you can. Pictures are great, but special moments that you keep in your memory just for you are even better!
Need Wedding Planning Help?
Choose from one of these amazing packages and you’ll not only get our award winning planning services, you’ll also get our floral design and decor services included!
Full Service Planning
Our planning, floral & decor package includes:
Partial Wedding Planning
Our partial planning package includes:
Drop Us a Note!
Interested in setting up a free consultation? We’d love to talk to you! Just send us a note using this form and we’ll be in touch right away. We can’t wait to learn more about your wedding and how we can serve you.
Regalo Design is a Nashville Wedding Planner, Florist & Event Decorator